Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) Syllabus | Previous year Papers | Study Material
The scheme of syllabus and examples of questions are given in the following paragraphs:-
SCHEME OF SYLLABUS
1. The AFCAT Question Paper will have 100 questions. All questions will be of three marks each. For every correct answer the candidate will get three marks and for every wrong answer one mark will be deducted under negative marking. The total time allotted for the paper is two hours.
2. Each Question Paper will have questions from the following topics:-
(a) General Awareness – History, Sports, Geography, Environment,
Civics, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics etc.
(b) Verbal Ability in English – Comprehension, Error Detection,
Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary.
(c) Numerical Ability – Decimal Fraction, Simplification, Average, Profit
& loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple interest.
d) Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test – Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.
PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPER
AFCAT 2014 EXAM PREPARATION BOOKS
Following is the list of AFCAT 2014Preparation Books, Recommended and Suggested Books for AFCAT Exam.
- AFCAT Vayu Sena Sanyukt Pravesh Pariksha: Flying, Technical Va Ground Duty Branch Ke Liye (Model Paper) (Hindi) by Arihant Experts
- AFCAT Target (English) by PRACTICE GURU
- AFCAT Air Force Common Admission Test for Flying & Technical Branch by Arihant Experts
- AFCAT Air Force by Priyanka Prakashan
- AFCAT Air Force Common Admission Test Exam for Flying and Technical Branch Guide 1st Edition by RPH Editorial Board
Practice solved papers that are available online and you can also buy solved papers from the market as well. During the exam you need to solve the easy questions first so that you can find time to solve hard questions later. Try concentrating on the logics of concepts, rather memorizing the formulas and procedures. Develop your own methodologies to solve a problem.